Possible cause: can't load ARM-bit .so on a IA 32-bit platform

Question:

I am a java developer. I have some C++ code to make some system realted calls. This code is compiled on Intel 32-bit platform using GCC (I have make files) and it works fine on regular Intel based 32-bit linux machine. Now I need to run this on a linux OS running on Marvell ARM processor. When I load the shared objects in java I get the following error.
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-bit platform)
Please tell me how to resolve this issue. I looked at the GCC options and I found one option to specify the architecture (-march=armv5) and I can't compile with that option.
Thanks in advance.


Approach 1:

You need more than just a switch, you need a cross-compiler. You can make your own, but probably the easiest way is :
  • Find the development tools for your board. It probably comes with a development kit that includes a cross-compilation toolchain
  • If you don't have these, you can try to install a precompiled cross-compilation like the ones provided freely by CodeSourcery
Then you have to make the location of your toolchain (look for something like arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc) available in your path.
Cross compiling simple project is then easy, just override the CC variable in your Makefile :
CROSS = arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
CC = $(CROSS)gcc
LD = $(CROSS)ld
 

Approach 2:

 
Try using the -mcpu=armv5 switch for gcc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to draw an overlay on a SurfaceView used by Camera on Android?

Create EditText with dropdown in android

Android TCP Connection Chat application